Tue16102018

GreekEnglish (United Kingdom)

Font Size

Cpanel

Ancient Epidaurus

12_arxaia_epidavrosB
12_arxaia_epidavrosA
arxaia_epidavros
  • Prev
  • 1 of 3
  • Next
Ancient Epidavros is located in northeastern part of the prefecture of Argolis in the gulf coast of Epidaurus. Amphitheater built on the ruins of the ancient city of Epidaurus is the harmonious link between mountains and sea.

The village of Ano Epidaurus and the settlements Panagia and Spilia are included in the Local Community. Neighboring villages are Adami, and Ligourio Koliaki. The place counts up to 1733, which number increases during the summer months with the arrival of tourists and regular residents.
The main occupation of the inhabitants is the cultivation of land, especially dealing with production of oil, as this area is rich in olive groves and citrus production. Many residents are also occupied with fishing and tourism.
Wonderful beaches with clear blue sea and sand surrounds Ancient Epidaurus. One of these is Gialasi, 2 km from the ancient port of Epidaurus, while one can visit smaller beaches by boat or vessel.